20 May 2010

Tsubasa Day

So, Friday (May 21st) was Tsubasa Day!! Yay! Woot!
Anyway, I decided to make another long post, this time all about Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (which if you have not read, you MUST READ!!! The anime is okay, but I definitely recommend the manga X3)
Well, here are some pictures up first:

~Tsubasa Reservoir Poster by huntybounter.deviantart.com~
(One word: EPIC!)

~Tsubasa - Sing for Absolution by ECK.deviantart.com~
(Aww...Fai's so cute ^_^)


~Tsubasa Chronicle by Rueme.deviantart.com~
(Very cool picture X3)


~Fay D. Flourite by nyuchi.deviantart.com~
(Chibi Fai = XD)

~Magical Formula by inma.deviantart.com~
(I follow her on deviantart. This artist is AMAZING - especially with her CLAMP fanart stuff)

~Innocence by inma.deviantart.com~
(Same person as the other picture. The twins are so cute!!!)

Now here are some awesome cosplayers:

~Tsubasa Chronicles - Sakura by kirawinter.deviantart.com~
(Just amazing 0.o)

~Facade by zimiel.deviantart.com~
(This person makes an INCREDIBLE Fai. Like, if Fai came to life, he would look just like this!)

~Don't Save Me by zimiel.deviantart.com~
(wow...O.O)

~Light of Truth by zimiel.deviantart.com~
(What I said when I saw this: "...Holy crap! It's FAI!!")

So I also decided to post a bunch of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles videos up...because it is awesome!

Oh, and as a warning, there are probably spoilers for some stuff because there are clips from the OVA episodes that happen during and after the Tokyo arc of the manga. Lots of stuff happens there...





































This is a skit I found that is pretty epic:



And to lighten the mood after those rather emotional videos:









And, in as a tribute to Tsubasa, I made my own AMV!! To the song "The Escapist" by Nightwish. There's no real story to it. I just put together some awesome clips. Its not my favorite AMV (that's my Zack one) but its alright...



I realize that most of these videos are about Fai. Well, that's because Fai is amazing and my favorite character, possibly of all time!!

So, end of long post. Not many words. Mostly pictures. Give me a break, I'm still getting over my sickness and I'm tired...X3

~otaku-chan

6 comments:

  1. I remember I started watching Tsubasa and I didn't really like the anime. So my friend told me to read it and I LOVED IT! LOVED IT! It was so awesome. Hyuu! Hyuu! I love him! I know why he reminds me of Demyx.....there nothing alike.



    ~Leah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, so the person holding the white puppy w/the red jewel on it's head is your profile picture! To be honest, I prefer shoujo manga, but what you have here looks pretty cool. What is it about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tsubasa is classified as shounen, but in my opinion, it fits in both categories. Its got the fighting that shounen has, but also the loving and emotional stuff that shoujo has. So its pretty awesome for anyone.
    The story is mainly about Shaoron and Sakura (like the ones from Cardcaptor Sakura, but their personalities are a bit different). Sakura goes into these ruins one day and Shaoron follows and magical stuff happens and her memories (in the form of feathers) end up being scattered across a bunch of different worlds. The two are transported to the dimensional witch, who can grant wishes - for a price. Then, as Shaoron and Sakura arrive at Yuuko's (the witch's) shop, two more people pop up, one a dark-haired ninja (Kurogane) who was sent away from home and now just wants to go back; and one a blonde magician (Fai) who wants to go anywhere but back home. The witch explains that their wishes are the same, so they can all pay the price together and recieve the means to travel through worlds. Kurogane has to give his sword, Fai the magical tattoo on his back, and Shaoron must give his relationship with Sakura. So even when she gets memories back, he won't be in them (which gets very sad at times...) So the series is about the groups adventures to gather the memory feathers and though it sounds kind of a simple plot, it gets much more complicated and deep -- which seems to be the style Clamp's mangas.
    So, after the rather long summary (which only summarized about the first book) I really recommend you read it. Its possibly my favorite manga EVER! It is so awesome!
    X3

    ReplyDelete
  4. cooking a gummy bear sounds like fun!! did it smell weird?

    ReplyDelete
  5. and the 'white puppy with a red jewel on it's head' is mokona.
    mokona RULES!!!!!
    love kurogane, love tsubasa. love fai more!
    *hugs otaku-chan*

    ReplyDelete
  6. *hugs Kat-chan back* X3

    Missed you Kat! You haven't been on in so long and then you went to envirothon and we didn't see you in the morning!! DX

    And Mokona does RULE. Mokona pwns all.
    ToT
    Except, maybe Fai. And Sebastian. And Sephiroth.

    Hmmm...*imagines epic battle between the four of them*
    .
    .
    .
    ^___^ <--Kaitlyn is in otaku-world right now, please leave a message after the 'hyuu hyuu!'

    ReplyDelete