05 May 2010

Recent Doodles

I felt like posting some doodles from the last few weeks to show some more recent pictures. These ones are smaller doodles that I just did in the margins of my notes during the 45 minutes of class or so. My mokona is kinda bad. I suck at drawing Mokona. Don't know why--seems like it should be simple?


Below is some random pirate-ish guy. I think he looks kind of like Lavi from D.Gray-Man...That was unintentional. I just noticed it now...

This next one is just random/generic girl in a plain dress. I wanted to draw something with wind blowing and decided to draw a background. Its a suckish background. I need to practice that...

The next picture I like! Its Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji!! The face isn't exactly right (I can never draw character's faces right!!) But I still like the rest of the picture. I'd say its pretty good without having looked at a picture of Sebastian while drawing it X3

The last one is my favorite picture that I find little wrong with--except the legs. They're like noodles!!--Other than that, I experimented with very curly hair and I think it turned out alright. I actually had the idea for the dress and drew that first then added the hair and face and everything.
This picture is kind of inspired by Momma Sox (Crystal Bowersox) on American Idol. She's awesome. And I just watched the episode from yesterday when I finished this drawing, so that's why it kinda looks like her...kinda...and that's why she has a microphone.
For some reason, I find it easier to draw on lined paper than on plain paper. Maybe the emptiness of the blank paper scares me, so with lined paper, there is less pressure!! I dunno. I just tend to draw better on lined paper X3
Squid!!
~otaku-chan~

PS: In case you read my last post and were wondering, my AP test went...OK. The multiple choice was pretty easy. I only left 3 blank. The open-ended was freaking, ridiculously hard!! I only answered about half and I really not confident about the half I did answer!! Gaahhh!! And it was freezing in the gym (where we took the test). I mean, I was wearing a sweatshirt and I was shivering. I feel bad for chibi-chan next to me with a short-sleeved shirt on!!

PPS: Chibi-chan and I had an interesting conversation during the break about Zack Fair taking the test, then running after a chocobo. The chocobo changes into a silver chocobo. The chocobo was apparently magical! Then, it puts on a santa hat and starts singing Christmas songs. Then, it attacks Zack and pins him down, still singing Christmas songs in a ridiculously high-pitched voice. Zack tries to harmonize with him. Then, Hojo comes in with a giant needle and sticks it in the chocobo's butt. The chocobo turns into Sephiroth (still with the christmas hat on). Apparently, Sephiroth was high...and when he is high, his voice goes up in pitch and he turns into a Christmas chocobo. Conclusion: Sephiroth is Santa.
Expansion: (like the story Kat-chan told us on Saturday about the guy finding a dead deer on the side of the road, dressing up as Santa, lying down next to the deer, and traumatizing the minds of the children on the bus that drives by) Sephiroth dresses up as Santa and lies on the side of the road. Zack dresses up as a deer and lies next to him. Cloud is one of the children on the bus whose minds are traumatized. The End.
(That was a very curt summary. Sorry. Too tired suddenly to write more details. And apparently to form full sentences.)

5 comments:

  1. OMG SEBASTIAN!!!!!! OMG LAVI-ESQUE DUDE!!!!!

    OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGG MOKONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    sorry! had to do that. kaitlyn, i LOVE your drawing, and especially love how you make characters we already know and love (sebastian XD) into your own, instead of just copying them. plus, i love the curly-hair girl. you should write a manga!!! and she can be the main character. her name...... i dunno, i'll call her 'Eve' for now. Eve is a high-school senior, going to prom. the entertainment dj-dude-person cops out, so they have no music. suddenly, the pirate-guy shows up with an awesome electric guitar and chucks a mike at her. she is really nervous 'cause she never sang in public before, but he convinces her in that way that manga/anime characters always do, and she ends up rocking. the boy disappears, and she ends up seeing him at post prom. she tries to talk to him, but something happens and she can't. so she's sad and confused. that monday, she ends up running into him at school, and thinks he's a student. turns out, he's the new student teacher/conductor for the after-school chorus she joined, on career study from his first or second year of college. stuff happens, and they perform together at the end of the school year talent-show thingy.
    um....... yeah that's all i got for now! feel free to use/completely trash this idea-thingy!
    love the story (maybe you should just draw that!), and that would TOTALLY be a thing that Sephiroth would do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Elaborate story planned out just by looking at pictures! It sounds like a cool idea for a manga! I want to make one of those someday, but I dunno if I have the patience to draw out all those panels X/

    On a side note, I heard you got your driver's license!?!? Awesome!!! (my mom came home and said, "the roads are a dangerous place..." I just gave her a weird look and she told me you got your license and were chauffeuring your brother to the middle school X3)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There so cute I love the last one!



    ~Leah~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the last one a lot too.

    ReplyDelete