20 August 2010

SuperGeek to the Rescue!!

Lols XD
So, today, I went shopping for school clothes and got lotsa cool shirts and jeans and such.
When I got home, I got a call from Kat-chan asking me if I wanted to go see a musical. I said sure, why not. After a complicating chain of calls (we really need conference call features on our phones....) Kat-chan, Courgy-chan and I went to see "13 the Musical"!! It was epically funny X3
What made it even funnier was that...(hmmm...I'll call him Jock -- he played the jock in the play, which was funny because he's a nerd with the rest of us in real life) Jock was in the play. There was an interestingly awkward scene with them in the movie theater and Jock ended up kissing the Cripple-guy (he played cripple in the play, I'm not just being mean...) and it was so hilariously awkward. I saw it coming a mile away, but I'm thinking, 'No. They can't possibly pull a SasuNaru' (y'know, in one of the first episodes they get knocked into each other...) Then, at the end of the play, they all jumped of the stage (which was epic--then it made me think of the end of High School Musical...hmmm...)
Anyway, musical was funny. Kat-chan let me borrow her fedora XD! I sat between Kat-chan and Courgy-chan, so there were much hugs from Courgy side and many remarks from Kat side. Then, after the play, Jock came out to mingle with the audience. He hugged Kat and Courgy and said he didn't know me, so Courgy introduced me as "Kaitlyn. She's the one who makes keyblades"
Jock: "Oh! I heard about you!"
Me (thinking): 'Geez, Courgy what have you been telling him??'
Then he asked me to make him a keyblade. I said no because I still need to make my brother's oathkeeper and I has no money for supplies and I has lotsa homework left to do...Then, he says, "Well, at least make me the souleater" (Riku's keyblade/sword thing) as if making that is SO MUCH simpler than making a keyblade!

Courgy-chan said that she could give me money for it and she could give it to him for his birthday. That might work, but Kat-chan or Rachel: Do either of you know his birthday, so I can decide whether its possible or not? (I don't even know if she's being serious, but if she is, I may be willing to do it if she pays enough for supplies at least -- they are surprisingly expensive!)
So, yeah...
Oh! Interesting quotes:

"Calling Sephiroth metro-sexual is like calling Neji metro-sexual!....Wait. Bad example..."

"Supergeek to the rescue!"

And Kat-chan, Rachel, Courgy-chan (if you ever read this), and Dealer-chan (if you ever read this) -- We MUST MUST MUST go to Otakon next summer and we MUST MUST MUST cosplay. I already have my:
-Reno cosplay mostly set (aviator goggles would be nice...and does anyone know of a good hair gel that actually makes spikes instead of just making my hair look greasy?)

-I have my Joshua shirt and jeans and all I need is the blonde wig (I don't overly care about the shoes...)

-I'm still working on my Cooro cosplay. I have the shirt things ready. Now, I need yellow fabric for the boots and the aviator hat-thingy (I have the patterns for both of these) and feathers, and the aviator goggles again... I think I can make do with my hair for this one. I have the right style (with a little hair gell and braiding)...not necessarily the right color, but I want to limit my wig-use on a hot summer day whenever possible...I still haven't decided if I'm doing wings or not...he doesn't always have wings...and they would be rather bothersome...Maybe around Halloween I'll check if Wal-Mart or Target have any decent black wings for costumes...T.T



~otaku-chan
PS: Rachel, if you can't tell who Jock is, I believe I called him Fanboy in an earlier post. He goes to Courgy-chan's church...if you can't tell from that....I can't do much else for you XP

PPS: Speaking of shoes (I was actually speaking about shoes when I was talking about my Joshua cosplay) I got new shoes today that I LOVE! They're kinda a converse-copycat brand, but they're still awesome. Here they are right here:
And I also ordered a pair of actual Converse (because they didn't have the kind I wanted in my size -- I needed a size 10...I got big feet...). They looked like this:
They has PURPLE!!! XD

6 comments:

  1. wow u had a long day. i didnt kno u made keyblades? or maybe im just late. wow ur making all these cosplays. u kno i was thinkin bout makin my own organization 13 coat (i dont lik leather that much) i mean i found one made out of um cotton i think. well its a cloak not leather its lik $119. so i was wonderin if u can giv me tips on sewing. i havnt sewed in a while. plz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tobi-kun's (i call him tobi-kun 'cause he cosplayed as tobi) birthday is March 3rd (ah, facebook. so useful in aspects google fails. such as creeping X3)
    and YES!!! OTAKON YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lazy Musician: I'm probably not the best person to ask about sewing...I'm just learning how to do it myself...so maybe some tips on how not to mess up like I did?
    Make sure you put the little foot thing down (I forgot to and it really messed me up), pay attention to what you're doing (I didn't notice that my thread came off the needle and sewed for about 10 more minutes before realizing that absolutely nothing was happening XP), try not to let the fabric get bunched up, because then its sewn like that and you really don't have to rip out all the work you did to fix it...
    Other than that...Good luck!

    Kat: facebook is good for those kinds of things XD OTAKON YES! ADVENTURE YES!! ^w^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the shoes with the zipper. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do know who you're talking about, and the play sounds fantastic! of course i hear "13 the musical" and think of train and saix doing the can-can in fluffy dresses... urgh! AND HECK YES OTAKON AND COSPLAY!!! and we are still doing epic cosplays for Halloween in school, yesh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Cooro! I'm guessing you're an +Anima fan too? :D

    ReplyDelete