23 January 2011

OMZ I'm not dead?!

OK, I know...I haven't been on and posting in a LONG time. I'm not dead or anything. Just busy.
So, looking back, I have everything since Halloween to fill you guys in on. Don' worry, I shall be brief! XD

So for Halloween, I technically had two costumes. I was a hippie for the Halloween parade that I walked in for Rotary Interact Club. That was quite fun. The club members had to kinda "chaperon" the different categories being judged in the costume contest, except my ground was "over 5th grade -- Character" I think (memory is a little hazy). So it was me and another "chaperon", my brother, and two other middle school girls. That was all...So sufficed to say, there were three prizes and the 3 kids won them :)
Well, actually, they gave me one b/c one of the girls left early, even though I didn't enter. But then I saw the girl as I was leaving so I gave her the $25 prize (which was very hard for me to do considering I've been in a period of having absolutely NO MONEY and no job/source of income...it really is not a good feeling).
Then, the 2nd costume was Chester from Demyx Time. If you don't know Demyx Time by now and you regularly read my posts...*insert witty comment that I just forgot about you being dumb here*...
Here's a picture of Chester:
Ain't he cute!! XD
So anyway, I made a Chester hat using clearkid's tutorial on deviantart [link]

So there is my costume. Simple. Black pants, black shirt, chester necklace, hat, gloves (which I'm not wearing in the picture). Twas fun! I had a halloween party at a friend's house. Rachel dressed as Demyx and there was much squee when I arrived as Chester ;)
Then, on Halloween, originally Dealer-chan and I were going to go trick-or-treating with her German exchange student, but she said it was too cold (chicken!!). So I was going to be alone, then Rachel, chibi, and kat-chan decided to show up. So since chibi was the only 18 year-old, she was our "adult chaperon" and we were her 3 darklings XP
Fun times!
Oh, my pumpkin was also a heartless. My brother's was Luigi and my sister's was a zhuzhu pet (those little robotic hamster toys). Mine was the tallest XD


So then, Thanksgiving happened. We did stuff....(Truth be told, I don't remember much about Thanksgiving)

Somewhere in between Halloween and Thanksgiving (I think) was Homecoming. I never really did homecoming before, but its my senior year, so I figured I may as well do on my last chance. It was actually quite fun. Funny story: I was misinformed that the homecoming dance was on the same night as the homecoming game and was horribly confused as to when they were going to fit both in on a friday night and if people were wearing their dresses to the game -- if so, it would be awefully cold...Then, I was informed by dealer-chan (the one who often sets right my misinformation, laughing at me all the while) that the game was on friday and the dance on saturday...you can imagine how stupid i felt...
Anyway, homecoming game was COLD!!! But fun all the same! I believe this is the game when dealer-chan and chibi-chan were there with me (maybe). We weren't very interested in the football, so we sang songs and snuggled like penguins instead.
What I love about my class is that our homecoming queen was a band geek! She did marching band, AP classes, and she was asian, unlike the other girls who were unanimously blond and Caucasian. AND as told by dealer-chan, she introduced dealer-chan to Fullmetal Alchemist, who in turn introduced me, so indirectly she is the reason for my FMA addiction! It's amazing!

To make it even better, when they announced that she won, some kids in the marching band played the Final Fantasy Victory Fanfare!! XD
(Sorry, I had to. I searched for "win" on deviantart and this came up.)

So then, after Thanksgiving a bit was Christmas (I'm almost through my tale, fear thee not! -- sorry, I'm reading Hamlet in English and its affecting me a bit...T.T)
Christmas was quite awesome! I got a PlayStation 3!!!! XD XD XD XD XD
I love it so much. The games I got for it are Valkyria Chronicle (a cool game, haven't played it much yet), Uncharted 2 (came with the PS3. An interesting game. Not my chosen style, but was fun until I got stuck in a part when I have to pass by a bunch of guards...I got so frustrated...I haven't played it since...T.T), and best for last --Final Fantasy XIII!!! (Love this game so much!! I've played it for about 30 hours already. Its amazing!! I know a lot of people say they don't like the game, but I love it and that's all that really matters to me!! XD) Squeeee!!!
Anyway...composure returning...A thought that occured to me today was that Lightning is somehow a mixture between Marluxia and Cloud -- not a pair I can even fathom supporting...More like, Lightning could be Cloud's cousin and Marluxia's daughter or some kind of weird relation. Her personality is a lot like Cloud's at times, but her...style? I guess is kinda like Marluxia -- plus the pink hair and flower petals when she summons...
So, what was I talking about? Christmas! Fun times. I hung out with the Book Black Market for gift exchange. I got awesome heartless stuffs and a bracelet from Kat-chan <3
I also got Ace Attorney Miles Edgeworth Investigations. That was a fun game, I finished that pretty quick though. I almost regret letting my brother play because now he's always yelling "OBJECTION!" at everything I say!! T.T
I got manga and books. Do any of you read Artemis Fowl books? Well, I got the newest one and it is quite hilarious -- Artemis goes all kinds of crazy, meanwhile the world goes to mayhem. Awesome stuff...
It was a fun Christmas overall. My older brother came home (he's 23 and lives about an hour a way, so it was nice to have him home for a bit---except when he encouraged my little brother in his nerf battle against me, and of course I was unarmed, so really it was just him shooting me in the back of the head while I'm sitting there minding my own business...)

Hmmm...Me thinks that's all I have to say about Christmas, so on to the most recent exciting things in my life:

1st: College! I know, doesn't sound really exciting...But it is to me! I got accepted at Messiah College back in the fall. Rachel got accepted as well, so we're probably going to be going there together!! :)
So, a little after my acceptance, I got a call from my admissions counselor to tell me that I was eligible for a competitive scholarship and was invited to interview for their honors chollege! On the 10th of January I went in. I was really nervous of course. Though I think my mom was more nervous than I was. She kept giving me advice, so finally I basically told her, "Mom, I think you're more nervous than I am. Calm down or you're going to give me an anxiety attack." So I was of the last group to go in for interviews at 3:30pm after being there waiting for the interview since about 1pm. The wait was bad, but once we got down to the building they were holding the interviews in we played a few rounds of buzz-words and it was really fun. It helped calm down our nerves a little bit. I was among the first called in of my time-slot. My interview commenced. It really wasn't that bad. They were just random questions: what kind of music are you listening to? What books have meant something to you? I see you play golf, how is that going? etc. The interviewers just wanted to get to know people. The only question I stumbled on was the typical "All modesty aside: why do you think you deserve this?" DX
I hate those questions! I'm not good at selling myself like that!! I just answered something about how I'm a hard worker and I think that I will do well in school and further myself in my career path...I don't even totally remember what I said! Ugh...
Anyway:

2nd thing: Disney World! I went there for the first time starting the day after my interview. It was also the first time I had ever been on an airplane. I discovered that I don't like flying much. I tend to get disoriented/dizzy/light-headed. Its not pleasant. The view is really cool though...
So, Disney itself was really awesome! We went to all four parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios aka MGM). My favorite had to be animal kingdom if only for the cool atmosphere and the shows. My favorite thing the entire trip had to be the Festival of the Lion King show. That was AMAZING! I love that movie and it was a really cool show. And of course I sang along to the songs X3

We were able to get a reserved dinner/meal most days we were there. The first was with Winnie the Pooh and crew (Tigger has always been my favorite)



We had a dinner with Chip & Dale as well:
Then a breakfast with Donald, Mickey, Goofy, etc. 

And finally, our last day there we had dinner at the royal table with Cinderella and the princesses:

(This is my older brother being goofy. Ariel said she likes his beard because it matches her hair. Then she told him to pose...and this resulted ;P)

So, Disney was a blast! I loved it! Hope to go back sometime! 
However, maybe not when its so chilly. It was actually quite cold for Florida. It was 50s and 60s outside. I had a sweatshirt and a jacket most days (but that's just me...I'm always cold...)
Except I can't imagine how crowded it must be. Most days we went, according to my bro's app on his iphone were not even half as much crowded as normal, and they were much more crowded than I'm used to other places...0.o
Anyway, unfortunately, the whole missing school thing has been causing me grief since we got back. Luckily, one of the days we were gone was a snow day, so that's now only 4 days of work I have to make up. Then, the weekend after was MLK day, so we had off monday for that. Then we had another snow day on Tuesday. My reaction -- Yay more time to make up physics!! (the class most of my work was from). So the week we got back--i.e. last week, was only a 3 day school week. It was awesome! Currently, I'm finished all of my make-up work except for tests.
I have a test on Sonnets (which I think I will be okay with. I actually understand them, which kinda scares me sometimes...), vocabulary (easy stuff, shouldn't take more than 20 min.), and a quiz on confidence intervals with means (in statistics, stuff I had to teach myself because I missed that lesson, but I think I get it...sorta...ah, who cares about statistics anyway?) Hehe...

So, my dears, you are finally caught up to what's been going on in my life!! *fireworks and confetti go off while victory fanfare plays*

And on that note, I bid thee farewell!
TTFN
~otaku-chan

2 comments:

  1. I love photos, nice to see an update =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO COOL that your homecoming queen was a BAND GEEK AND ASIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously. that's BEYOND awesome.

    Glad to see that you're back; congratulations on getting in to that college! And Disney is a ton of fun. Don't mean to sound braggy, but I've been there . . . ah, maybe 8 times??? So I'm also glad that you finally experienced the Disney Magic.

    ReplyDelete