27 December 2013

So...
holy crap...I'm not a teenager anymore.
I'm old. 20 years. Two decades.
That's a long time.
I was just going back and reading my old blog entries. Its the weirdest thing ever. Just sayin.
But yeah. I wrote a lot...
Its 5 am and I can't sleep. It sucks. But I figured why not write a blog post.
So what's changed and what hasn't since 2011? Geez.
I still like Doctor Who (there's a new Doctor now. That just happened!) and Supernatural.
Kingdom Hearts is still amazing.
I still like to draw. I don't draw as often unfortunately. College is really freaking busy!!!
Speaking of...I'm at Messiah College. Molecular Biology major. Its pretty awesome. I'm a junior. Fall semester just ended and I'm on Christmas break - much needed - the last several weeks before break I got on average about 4 hours of sleep every night. Its been insane!!! But I do still love it :)
I'm doing research next semester with my adviser, which is terrifying but I'm looking forward to it. I'm looking at the T cell response to a mutant protein from the SV40 virus which has had a piece of a different mutant protein from pancreatic cancer cell gastrin receptors inserted. It sounds ridiculously complicated, especially since I know very little about the immune system, so I basically had to teach myself the basics to even start to understand the project my adviser wanted me to help with!! But its fine. It'll be fun :)
Also, I'm going to Zambia in May! I'll be shadowing a malaria researcher at Macha and interacting with the people there and going on safari and everything for three weeks! I'm so excited!!! I just got the vaccines last week and this week and I've been feeling kinda sick to my stomach and tired...but I'll be fine, no big deal. Rather have this than get typhoid, polio, yellow fever, and/or hepatitis A while I'm there...
Back to the nerdy - I've been catching up on this season of Supernatural. I'm all caught up as of tonight - except I'm waiting til tomorrow (or today I suppose) to watch the midseason finale with mah bro.
I got some Neil Gaiman books for Christmas I'm so looking forward to reading!
My brother got Assassin's Creed Black Flag - which is quite fun. I suck at sailing, but its fun nonetheless :)
I got an awesome TARDIS throw blanket. Its so fuzzy and warm X3
I got Sherlock season 1!!! So happy!!!! Benedict Cumberbatch is the best person in the world!!!
I still need to see The Hobbit and Catching Fire though...Haven't gotten the chance to go to the movies much - but I have seen Thor 2 and Frozen, which were both awesome in very different ways!
So, yeah....pretty much it. Its 5:30....I should sleep....loosing sense of grammar...

No comments:

Post a Comment